- What is Code Tahoe?
- Code Tahoe is a code academy focused on web application development using the most progressive and up to date technologies. We teach individuals with no prior coding experience the skills it takes to be a web developer as well as what it takes to build a product and keep it running.
- What does it take to sign up / get accepted?
- Each course is a little different and may have different requirements. That being said, most of these requirements are easily met and rarely have anything to do with prior education.
- There may be pre-requisites required for acceptance, however, if you can demonstrate to our instructors your competency and willingness to learn, this can usually be waved.
- Do I have to live locally?
- No. You just have to be present in class for the duration of the course
- Do I need my own computer?
- Yes. At the current time we require that you have your own laptop and must bring it with you to every class. Mac or Windows is totally fine.
- I have little to no experience...can I still attend?
- Absolutely. Most of the courses assume that you can turn on a computer and find your way to a web browser and load up Facebook - If you can do that, you can jump into most of our courses.
- What happens when the course is complete?
- We have a dedicated set of individuals to help each student find their specific outcome. Please see our Outcomes page.
- What if I’m under 18, or haven’t graduated HS yet?
- There is no age limit on applying to Code Tahoe. We think the sooner you get involved in technology the brighter your future can be.
- Well, what if I’m over 40?
- Being inspired to make a change now is better than ever! You’ll be side by side with people of every age trying to make the world a more informed and technically savvy place.
- Does Code Tahoe host events? If so, do they have to be Code Tahoe related?
- We love hosting events....and have the perfect office space to do it. Contact Elevate Blue for more details
- If I’m taking a night course, can I work out of the space during the day?
- Unfortunately, no. During the day our office is dedicated to full time staff and our startup companies.
- How do I secure my spot in a course?
- Fill out the Sign Up Form, and we’ll contact you to help get the process started
- How do I pay?
- We have a variety of ways to pay, as well as financing options. Please contact CodeTahoe or Elevate Blue for more details.
- What if I miss a class?
- Life happens, although a lot of ground is covered in each class and it will be difficult to keep up with the rest of the group with absences. If a class is missed due to unforseen circumstances we will work with you and do everything we can to get you back on schedule -- your success is our #1 priority.
To be contacted about attending one of our courses, please fill out the information request form, and you’ll receive an email or phone call to start the conversation.
You can apply for a loan through PayPal, did you know that?